Re: [lvs-users] lvs didn't loadbalance properly when persistent mode is

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] lvs didn't loadbalance properly when persistent mode is on
From: Graeme Fowler <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 15:46:46 +0000
On Wed, 2008-03-12 at 08:46 +0100, Adrian Chapela wrote:
> Yes, if you turn off persistence and you need sessions, your web app
> doesn't work well. I think this is one negative point of LVS, the
> application persistence mode. In most cases of web application we don't
> need IP persistence but we need persistence of application (sessions..).

It's worth remembering that LVS is application-unaware. If you want
something to do session persistence without IP persistence, you need
some way of making all of your realservers aware of all the clients
connecting to them - like memcached, for example.

Saying that this is a negative point of LVS is like saying it's a
negative point of TCP :)

Graeme