[lvs-users] Real servers as LVS clients

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lvs-users] Real servers as LVS clients
From: Jason Stubbs <j.stubbs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 16:58:43 +0900
Hi all,

I'm wanting to have real servers as LVS clients using LVS-NAT on the director.
I am unable to use the internal LVS-DR method as the real servers are OpenVZ
virtual servers utilizing a PPP like network interface, hence the director
and servers aren't on the same logical network segment.

I've been scouring the LVS HOWTO, iproute2 and netfilter resources for hours
now and have still not come up with a definitive answer. The best I can come
up with is to apply the patch from below and then run squid on the director.
Is there a better way that I'm not seeing?

http://www.austintek.com/LVS/LVS-HOWTO/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO.lvs_clients_on_realservers.html#carlos_solution

--
Jason Stubbs <j.stubbs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
LINKTHINK INC.