Re: [lvs-users] using LVS on the director with a local VIP directing to

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [lvs-users] using LVS on the director with a local VIP directing to realserver ?
From: Jason Stubbs <j.stubbs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 20:27:43 +0900
On Friday 18 April 2008 19:38:46 JST, Sylvain Viart wrote:
> Hi Jason,
>
> Jason Stubbs a écrit :
> > On Friday 18 April 2008 18:28:42 Sylvain Viart wrote:
> >> Effectively I want to do the following on the same physical server:
> >>
> >>     * Listen on public IP:80 with squid
> >>     * squid redirect in accelerator mode on a "virtual peer" hosted on
> >>       the same physical server => 10.0.10.1:8080
> >>     * LVS VIP is on the 10.0.10.1 wich is also the DIP?
> >>           o I'm not sure about this part..
> >
> > <...>
> >
> >> Reading the "7.10. Director as client in LVS-DR"
> >>
> >> It seems I need to patch the code source.
> >> Is it still needed?
> >
> > Yes, the director cannot access the LVS service with an unpatched kernel.
> > With the patch mentioned in the FAQ, your configuration should work fine
> > as far as I can see.
>
> The patch seems pretty old, is it still "patchable" ?
> any kernel compatibly I should watch?
>
> The patch is pretty simple, I could probably correct the code also...

It won't apply directly as the code has changed slightly. As for compatibility
and what not, you're pretty much on your own... I'm testing that patch and a
few other changes at the moment but I haven't put it in production yet or
stress-tested. It might OOPS after several hours of running for all I know.

Having said that, there's no other way to do what you want at the moment. If
you really want/need to do it, patching and testing is about all you can do.

--
Jason Stubbs