Re: [lvs-users] IPVS sync behavior

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] IPVS sync behavior
From: David Black <dave@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 16:54:28 -0400
Yes, I have several IPVS pairs running, some on vanilla 2.6.17.7, others
on 2.6.16-xen (Xen 3.0), 2.6.18-xen (Xen 3.1) and 2.6.9-57.EL (CentOS
4).  All show the same +1.0 load av behavior when
ipvs-syncmaster/-syncbackup are running.

Since you mention it, I did have problems with heartbeat on Xen - no
network lockups but just heartbeat being fussy about timing, and decided
to try keepalived (VRRP)/IPVS, which solved at least the timing issues.
No kernel issues as you describe with piranha either.

Dave