[lvs-users] Realserver as client

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lvs-users] Realserver as client
From: Luis Freitas <lfreitas34@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 12:59:00 -0700 (PDT)
   Helo,
       I am using LVS on RedHat AS 4.0, and having problems with the realserver
   trying to connect back to the VIP. I can get it to work if I create a
   "hosts" entry with the real IP on the realserver, but I need these
   "loopback" connections to be high available, and prererably load balanced,
   too.
       We have two different services on the realservers (http on port 80, and
   LDAP on port 13080), and if one of the services is down on one of the
   realservers, the request originated from the realserver should be directed
   to the other server where the service is available.
       There are some postings on the list that refer to kernel patches, but
   they seem to be removed from the LVS documentation.
       Is there a current recommended solution to get these loopback
   connections to work with high availability? We are using LVS-DR, and I would
   prefeer to continue using it, since  LVS-NAT  would require us to create a
   new vlan and reconfigure the servers IP addresses.
      Also we have two servers, so we are using the realservers as directors.
   Regards,
   Luis

   Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. [1]Try it
   now.