[lvs-users] Monitoring traffic

Subject: [lvs-users] Monitoring traffic
From: Thomas Pedoussaut <thomas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 18:20:38 +0100
[ Yes I've read
http://www.austintek.com/LVS/LVS-HOWTO/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO.monitoring_lvs.html ]

I'm making my own monitoring tools (based on MRTG etc...) and I'm
currently gathering data from call to ipvsadm --stats -t .....
That works fairly well but, and there is a but, the cmd line tool does
some formating like 11234k rather than the full value 11234567 which is
causing me trouble.
I tried to access /proc/net/ip_vs* but there is nothing that I could
use. ip_vs_stats is a general counter, not one per VS.
For the moment, I reset the counter atfer each read, but it's not great,
and the day my trafic will grow above the 1M per 5 minutes, I'm f#@4ed.

Any ideas welcome.

--
Thomas