Re: [lvs-users] Monitoring traffic

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Monitoring traffic
From: Graeme Fowler <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 10:57:39 +0100
On Wed, 2008-05-21 at 10:41 +0100, Thomas Pedoussaut wrote:
> Ok, mine is ipvsadm-1.24-8.1 from CentOS 5.1.
> I should so wait till CentOS 5.2 to get that nice feature mainstreamed.

More than likely you'll have to wait for it to get into RHEL5 first.

> What puzzled me the most is that I couldn't get a raw value directly
> from /proc/

IPVS doesn't put statistics into /proc. ipvsadm pulls them from kernel
space by directly querying the ip_vs module for them.

> I have ip_vs and ip_vs_wlc modules loaded. There is a bunch of other
> modules not loaded but I think they are useless for me ATM because they
> seem to be policy related (lc,rr,wrr) (ip_vs_dh.ko ip_vs.ko
> ip_vs_lblcr.ko  ip_vs_nq.ko  ip_vs_sed.ko  ip_vs_wlc.ko ip_vs_ftp.ko
> ip_vs_lblc.ko ip_vs_lc.ko ip_vs_rr.ko  ip_vs_sh.ko   ip_vs_wrr.ko)
> Or am I wrong and one module might produce what I need in /proc/ ?

You are, unfortunately, wrong.

There is nothing, by the way, stopping you rolling your own local RPM of
ipvsadm with the updated source code including the --exact option.
UNless of course you don't know how to (which has stopped me doing
things fairly regularly over the years).

Graeme