[lvs-users] Multiple fallback problem

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [lvs-users] Multiple fallback problem
From: Stephen Amadei <stephenamadei@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 02:03:37 -0400

Hello, I use Ultramonkey 3.0 and I am having a problem.  I have two VIPs for
443, as we have two separate virtual webservices on our cluster.  I want to
have two different fallbacks on my load balancers, each with the proper SSL
cert, so that our users don't get an SSL error, should all the clustered
servers die.

I first tried using multiple loopbacks... then I tried adding extra aliases to
the backsides of the load balancers.

In each case, I modified the local Apache to listen on all interfaces and set
up virtual webs for the proper IPs.  The snippet of code below is when I tried
using loopbacks.

In any case, no matter what I use for the fallback, I get the page served up by
127.0.0.1... even if I use an eth1 alias like 10.251.15.33.

I tested Apache with wget, and got the proper page back for http://127.0.0.3
or http://10.251.15.33.

What do I need to do to support this?  Thanks in advance.

Stephen

# Virtual Server for HTTPS
virtual=3.3.3.3:443
        fallback=127.0.0.2:443
        real=10.251.15.11:443 masq
        real=10.251.15.12:443 masq
        service=https
        request="indext.html"
        receive="test"
        scheduler=rr
        #persistent=600
        protocol=tcp
        checktype=negotiate
        virtualhost="www.domain-a.com"

# Virtual Server for HTTPS
virtual=4.4.4.4:443
        fallback=127.0.0.3:443
        real=10.251.15.11:443 masq
        real=10.251.15.12:443 masq
        service=https
        request="indext.html"
        receive="test"
        scheduler=rr
        #persistent=600
        protocol=tcp
        checktype=negotiate
        virtualhost="www.domain-b.com"

Make every e-mail and IM count. Join the i’m Initiative from Microsoft.