[lvs-users] Help Required for LVS setup

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lvs-users] Help Required for LVS setup
From: "Meghanand Acharekar" <vasco.postfix@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 18:10:54 +0530
Hi,

I am setting up LVS cluster for mail server (postfix) for very first time.
:-)
Presently I am testing the cluster architecture on my local network (
192.168.0.0 )
I am having 2 RHEL5 systems with postfix installed and running on defalt
(port 25)
IP addresses for the systems are
RHEL5-mail1 : 192.168.0.163
RHEL5-mail2 : 192.168.0.164

Now I got 3rd system debian etch which will do the job of load balancing.
I installed ipvsadm package from binary repos using following commnad.
#apt-get install ipvsadm
The new system (to be work as Director / LB ) has assigned IP address

Deb-director : 192.168.0.104

And finally my client is also on the same nw

Client Ip : 192.168.0.247

I refered to
http://www.austintek.com/LVS/LVS-HOWTO/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO.LVS-NAT.html#one_network
for which
CIP : 192.168.0.247
VIP : 192.168.0.105
DIP : 192.168.0.104
RIP1 : 192.168.0.163
RIP2 : 192.168.0.164
Gateway IP : 192.168.0.254

I am confused that, is this criteria is suitable for my senario

Thanks & Regards,
Swati Meghanand.