Re: [lvs-users] ldirectord proprietary request / receive message format

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] ldirectord proprietary request / receive message format
From: Graeme Fowler <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 19:12:31 +0100
Ken

You seem to be having a very conclusive conversation with yourself on
this subject, which is a mite confusing for the rest of us...

On Fri, 2008-07-11 at 10:34 -0700, Ken--@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Well, why there is four parameters for this script?

I guess it's because if you want to run a custom check, you need to know
what you're checking *for*. I know no Java whatsoever but passing
parameters to a script is a very common thing, and with these parameters
you know what you're checking.

> * virtual server ip/firewall mark
> * virtual server port
> * real server ip
> * real server port

Whatever you do, you'd want to connect to the realserver you're testing
and make sure the service is running. How you do that depends on the
service.

If it's successful, you exit with a return code of 0 - ie. success.

Graeme