Re: [lvs-users] sync daemon timeout with stickyness

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] sync daemon timeout with stickyness
From: "David Coulson" <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 22:08:44 -0400
On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 4:39 AM, Graeme Fowler <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> With a non-open but persistent connection (say one which has been
> closed for 5 minutes but still has 25 minutes of persistence left)
> what do you see on the backup director? Anything?
>
> If I recall correctly, they'll reach 0 seconds remaining and then
> spring back to 3 minutes, but I could be wrong.

After three minutes it drops off from the backup. The connection on the
master still has 27 minutes remaining. Unless there is additional traffic
from the client, it never updates on the slave.

I ended up poking at the sync code a bit, and adding another timeout value
for zero-port client connections, which I just hard coded to 30 minutes. I'd
be nice if the timeout was sent as part of the syncer message from the
master, then it would be a little more flexible. I've not looked at the
messaging piece to see how to accomplish this.

On a similar note, is the way to dump all the current connections on the
master and load them into the slave. For example, if my slave reboots and
come back up (or even if ip_vs is reloaded) I drop current connections and
only new ones are synced over. It would be nice to be able to load all
current master connections into the slave, so it's up to date as soon as
possible.

David