Re: [lvs-users] Seting up LVS as a Network Router

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Seting up LVS as a Network Router
From: Stephen Amadei <stephenamadei@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 22:40:46 -0400

Back in my ISP days, every PC router I used got overrun quite quickly.  I
always use hardware now.

Stephen> Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 17:18:06 -0700> From: jmack@xxxxxxxx> To:
beryl@xxxxxxxxxxxx; lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: Re: [lvs-users]
Seting up LVS as a Network Router> > On Wed, 20 Aug 2008, tech wrote:> > >>
some people think that you shouldn't use PCs as routers in> >> the first
place.> >>> >>
http://web.ivy.net/~carton/rant/l3-switch/switch-unixrouterdoomed.html> > >
Thanks, When your an ISP it does. :-)> > so ISPs use PCs as routers? Want to
tell us about it? I had > assumed ISPs were all using Ciscos etc.> > > Also
don't really care about load balancing but I would > > love to have fail-over.>
> failover can be done without LVS eg HA-Linux. There are > router failover
protocols - see Andre's keepalived, which > was originally a router failover,
and then adapted to LVS. I > think that keepalived can still do router
failover. I > believe Andre is working on his own router failover code. > Also
Zebra implements the standard routing demons and you > can use those for
failover.> > Joe> > -- > Joseph Mack NA3T EME(B,D), FM05lw North Carolina>
jmack (at) wm7d (dot) net - azimuthal equidistant map> generator at
http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml> Homepage http://www.austintek.com/ It's
requests to lvs-users-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> or go to