[lvs-users] ipvs + ldirectord + heartbeat

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [lvs-users] ipvs + ldirectord + heartbeat
From: "Techiie" <techiie@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 17:57:31 -0400
Hi All, I have 3 webservers configured with heartbeat, ipvs and ldirectord.

heartbeat-ldirectord-1.2.3.cvs.20050927-1.centos4

ipvsadm-1.24-6

I cannot seem to get the configuration nailed down for the https side. http
works fine.  If I don't use a cron job to reload it, then the only https
requests that work are the ones that go to 192.168.5.13. the rest have a
weight of zero.  I have tried changing it from gated to wlc to rr and
nothing seems to work. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

My ipvsadm -list output is as follows:

Prot LocalAddress:Port Scheduler Flags

  -> RemoteAddress:Port           Forward Weight ActiveConn InActConn

TCP  www.webpage:http wlc

  -> server1:htt Route   1      0          70

  -> server2:htt Local   1      1          56

  -> server3:htt Route   1      1          60

TCP  www.webapge:https wlc

  -> server1:htt Route   1      0          0

  -> server2:htt Local   1      0          0

  -> server3:htt Route   0      0          0

The above only runs because I used a cron job to reload the ipvsadm as
follows:

-A -t www.webapge.com:http -s wlc

-a -t www.webapge.com:http -r server1:http -g -w 1

-a -t www.webapge.com:http -r server2:http -g -w 1