Re: [lvs-users] Not forwarding request packets

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Not forwarding request packets
From: Graeme Fowler <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2008 12:00:41 +0100
On Tue, 2008-09-02 at 15:52 -0500, David Dyer-Bennet wrote:
> Still trying to get my first LVS config going.

...starting with a rather complex setup, if you don't mind me saying so!

If you run tcpdump on the Xen bridge interface logically "facing" the
realserver VMs, do you see any packets being forwarded? I don't think
you do, but if you could clarify that it'd help.

I've a sneaking suspicion this is happening because the VMs appear local
to dom0 - because they are local, since all domU instances are logically
"underneath" dom0. Although... reading back, you say:

> Everybody involved in this setup (lvs nodes and real server nodes) is
> a XEN dom0 at the moment

"a"? Singular? That doesn't mesh with the config you've shown us; it
looks like the realservers are "separated" - either physically or via
domU.

A bit of clarification, if you please!

Ta

Graeme