Re: [lvs-users] solved: last FIN-ACK eaten (by iptables)

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [lvs-users] solved: last FIN-ACK eaten (by iptables)
From: Christian Balzer <chibi@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 12:11:21 +0900
On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 19:59:44 -0700 Brian Ghidinelli wrote:

> I'm surprised more people don't want to do stateful LVS... I guess once
> you get to a cluster, people have enough hardware to dedicate the LVS
> duties to some boxes?  It still seems like a valuable combination of
> tools.

I think a lot of people do run some firewalling on the LVS, too.
We certainly do. It's the stateful bit that seems to be not that much
in demand I guess. And of course from the looks of it a major PITA with
for example LVS-DR to boot.

Regards,

Christian
--
Christian Balzer        Network/Systems Engineer                NOC
chibi@xxxxxxx           Global OnLine Japan/Fusion Network Services