Re: [lvs-users] Timeouts after 5 seconds running IPVS-DR

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Timeouts after 5 seconds running IPVS-DR
From: "Julien Cornuwel" <cornuwel@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 09:20:23 +0200
2008/10/7 Laurentiu C. Badea (L.C.) <lc@xxxxxxxx>

Well I think it's either that you applied "hidden" to eth0 on the
> webservers, or the LB has the VIP as a primary address. See if the ARPs
> were going out with VIP as source and if that's the case, try giving the
> LB a different primary address and make VIP an alias.

Great ! That was it. Now that I have the VIP as an alias on LB, it works.

Note to the documentation team : on Ubuntu 8.04, there is a trap with real
servers.
If you set arp_ignore/arp_announce configuration in /etc/sysctl.conf AND set
the VIP on lo:0 in /etc/interfaces. It seems that the interface is brought
up  *before* the sysctl commands are passed. You have to set the VIP
manually at the end of the boot process...

I will investigate further with Ubuntu team to find out why it behaves like
that.

Thanks for your help, regards.