[lvs-users] Nanny monitoring of Microsoft "tcp" services

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lvs-users] Nanny monitoring of Microsoft "tcp" services
From: "David Dyer-Bennet" <dd-b@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 15:16:57 -0500 (CDT)
I've so far failed googling this (for the obvious reason; what Microsoft
web services people call "tcp" isn't what you mostly find on the web
googling that term).  There's a Windows protocol they prefer to SOAP for
RPC that they call TCP.  It's not enough like http for the default send
and expect monitoring strings to work, and it doesn't say anything when
you make a telnet connect to it, and it doesn't respond to anything I've
tried sending it yet (other than by disconnecting).  Does anybody know a
useful short chat script for verifying the service is up, or a fuller form
of the name that might yield useful google hits, or anything else useful
for solving this?

If I had a working example I'd be using tcpdump, and I suppose it may come
to that, but right now the port isn't open because the nanny script is
failing.

Dragaera: http://dragaera.info