[lvs-users] Linux HA & Ldirectord question

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lvs-users] Linux HA & Ldirectord question
From: "James Wilkins" <nebulai@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 20:43:25 +0100
Hello,

Apologies if this has been covered before, i've not been able to find
information on it. Any input/suggestions on this issue appreciated.

We are running a 2-node HA Cluster utilising ldirectord - at present
we are running multiple instances of ldirectord - each instance of
ldirectord handling the checks for one VIP.

Sporadically we are seeing an issue where rogue nodes from another VIP
are ending up inside the first VIP (shown by ipvsadm).  To explain
this better;

Normal config:

VIP1:

TCP 1.2.3.4:443 rr persistent 600
 -> 192.168.0.1:443 Masq 1 0 0
 -> 192.168.0.2:443 Masq 1 0 0
 -> 192.168.0.3:443 Masq 1 0 0

VIP2:

TCP 1.2.3.5:443 rr persistent 600
 -> 192.168.0.1:444 Masq 1 0 0
 -> 192.168.0.2:444 Masq 1 0 0
 -> 192.168.0.3:444 Masq 1 0 0

Problem occured - notice the addition of the two entries with port 445
from VIP2 ending up in VIP1.

VIP 1:

TCP 1.2.3.4:443 rr persistent 600
 -> 192.168.0.1:443 Masq 1 0 0
 -> 192.168.0.2:443 Masq 1 0 0
 -> 192.168.0.3:443 Masq 1 0 0
 -> 192.168.0.1:444 Masq 1 0 0
 -> 192.168.0.2:444 Masq 1 0 0

VIP 2:

TCP 1.2.3.5:443 rr persistent 600
 -> 192.168.0.1:444 Masq 1 0 0
 -> 192.168.0.2:444 Masq 1 0 0
 -> 192.168.0.3:444 Masq 1 0 0

Hoping someone can advise if they've seen this before?

Cheers,