Re: [lvs-users] RX Packet drops on high traffic LVS in DR setup

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] RX Packet drops on high traffic LVS in DR setup
From: Sashi Kant <sashi.kant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 13:24:55 -0700
Hello List,

Just wanted to give update on the thread I have opened.

This is how the final setup is going to look

1. Intel PCIe gigabit dual port card with RX buffer tuned at 1024 using
ethtool

2. No need for port channel as switch ports are Gig capable and
bandwidth is not an issue.

3. Bonding will be used in active-backup mode as it is not negatively
impacting the server.

4. No more packet drops at 60k pps with above changes.

5. Getting rid of Broadcom PCI-X cards from HA servers.

Thank you all for your support and patience, hope this helps someone.

-

Thanks
-Sashi