Re: [lvs-users] The Weirdest Thing You've Ever Seen with ldirectord

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] The Weirdest Thing You've Ever Seen with ldirectord
From: "Robinson, Eric" <eric.robinson@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 23:04:34 -0800
Okay, mystery solved. I got desperate and started reading the source
code.

MY VS entry looked like this:

# Virual Server for mysql(site060), Outside to Inside
virtual = 192.168.5.100:5060
        real=192.168.10.200:5060 masq
        scheduler=wlc
        protocol=tcp

Somewhere along the way, I forgot to specify a checktype. This means it
defaults to 'checktype=negotiate,' in which case a certain set of ports
are reserved for use with the 'service=' directive. The ports are 21,
25, 53, 80, 110, 119, 143, 389, 443, 3306, 5432 and (our hero!) 5060.

I added 'checktype=connect' to the VS entry and the RS weight went to 1.

'service=none' also worked.

--
Eric Robinson

Disclaimer - November 14, 2008