Re: [lvs-users] ksoftirqd 100% Processor Usage

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] ksoftirqd 100% Processor Usage
From: Thomas Pedoussaut <thomas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 23:32:40 +0000
Mikio Kishi wrote:
> Hi, all
>
> Now, I'm doing the performance test of LVS with keepalived,
> and facing with a problem like the following
>
>  http://marc.info/?l=keepalived-devel&m=114040573028656&w=2
>
> But, I couldn't browse the solution.....
> Please tell me the detail !
>
> Environment:
>  Linux kernel: 2.6.18
>  ipvsadm      : 1.24
>  keepalived  : 1.1.15

Let me guess, you are using LVS DR and have real servers running on the
directors as well.

The solution is to define your VIPs as FW marks rather than simple
IP:port. In your iptable rule you can so exclude the packets originating
from the other director (based on MAC) to be flagged with the right mark.

If it's not the case, please describe a bit more your configuration so
we can help.
--
Thomas