Re: [lvs-users] Configuring email alerts on Debian

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Configuring email alerts on Debian
From: Graeme Fowler <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2008 21:17:55 +0000
On Tue, 2008-12-02 at 17:18 -0500, bhilkert@xxxxxx wrote:
> Which is the most lightweight solution? We have an SMTP server on the local
> network to go through, so I wouldn't want this box going straight out to the
> internet to send mail. Is there someway to just configure the SMTP to send it
> off to?

This is not really an LVS question, more of a general "how do I get mail
out of this box?"

Run an MTA daemon (of your choice) bound only to localhost on the
director, and configure that to smarthost all mail it receives out via
your local SMTP server for distribution. This way, ldirectord will
deliver to the local host, and if it cannot reach the smart host it will
queue the mail until it can.

Make sure your MTA daemon runs the queue at regular intervals, either
via queue runners called from the daemon or from cron.

Graeme