Re: [lvs-users] Another LVS statistics grapher

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Another LVS statistics grapher
From: Jack Neely <jjneely@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 00:01:02 -0500
On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 04:54:18PM +0000, Graeme Fowler wrote:
> Hi Taku
>
> On Tue, 2008-11-25 at 01:37 +0900, taqu wrote:
> > Hi, I recently created another LVS graphing tool.
>
> Looks nice. I'll play with it some time!
>
> > I used lvs_snmp module and cacti for several month, It need some fix
> > to parse 64 bit counter correctly.
> > and ip_vs statistics is reset for every keepalived  reload.
> > This cause rrdtool asume counter is wraped and record very big value.
> > So I handle this issue in my program by recording last statistics and
> > ignoring negative delta value.
>
> You can use the DERIVE DS type for this with a min. value of 0. It's
> very handy.
>
> Graeme

In a similar vain...I'm using Cacti to graph services based on firewall
mark.  When a fwmark is removed I tell Cacti to reindex the LVS SNMP
data so each data source is still groking the right part of the SNMP
tree.  This does that...but (today at least) also edited the path to
the RRD for each data source to use the previous data source's RRD.  I
then became unhappy as I watched Cacti trash all my pretty graphs.

How do other folks handle this case when a service disappears from LVS
with Cacti?

Thanks,
Jack

--