Re: [lvs-users] LVS Cluster with lighttpd servers doesn't react to SYN p

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] LVS Cluster with lighttpd servers doesn't react to SYN packets
From: Siim Põder <windo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 08:56:03 +0200
Hi

jan_abraham@xxxxxxx wrote:
> What happens: Lighttpd simply doesn't accept connections. In the
> tcpdump on the realserver I can see the SYN packets arrive but the
> connection isn't accepted on the server socket. There's no SYN-ACK
> travelling out, neither a RST or something else. After 3 SYN retries,
> the browser shows a timeout error.

How about keeping netfilter enabled and adding logging rules to various
netfilter tables, to see how far the packet (or the potential response)
gets?

iptables -I PREROUTING -t raw -p tcp --dport 80 --syn -j LOG
--log-prefix "raw-prerouting: "

and the same for mangle-prerouting, mangle-input, nat-prerouting,
filter-input. This could help pinpoint at which layer the packet gets lost.

Siim