Re: [lvs-users] Ldirectord not working with heartbeat, works standalone

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Ldirectord not working with heartbeat, works standalone
From: Sebastian Vieira <sebvieira@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 11:55:32 +0100
On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 4:06 PM, Bruce Richardson <itsbruce@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>        2.  There is a time delay in startind ldirectord.  If you
>        configure it as a hearbeat resource, then LVS remains in an
>        out-of-date configuration (or completely unconfigured) on the
>        new master until ldirectord has been shut down on the old master
>        and started on the new one.

Not entirely true. You can define a 'callback' option in ldirectord.cf
which can be used to launch a script that synchronizes the
configuration on all relevant nodes. This way whenever there's a
change in ldirectord.cf made, the changes will also be made on the
'backup' director. You can also have the ipvsadm sychronisation
daemon(s) running so that the LVS table itself is being replicated to
the other node. It's my experience that almost all active connections
will be picked up by the 'backup' director upon failover so that
clients won't experience much more than a slight delay.

Sebastian