[lvs-users] IP of web site visitors behind LVS

Subject: [lvs-users] IP of web site visitors behind LVS
From: Dusan Djordjevic <dusan.djordjevic@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 14:53:40 +0100
Hi all,

I am testing LVS and using masquerade as routing protocol to send
requests to real servers. I noticed (which is IMHO normal situation)
that all requests to web server are sent from IP address of load
balancer. In this situation there is no information where visitors
come from. Is there any way to keep masquerade and know IP addresses
of visitors on real servers?

I suppose this is not possible, so what other routing solution you
would recommend ? In my case, web farm will be heterogenous, both
Windows and Linux servers would be there (apache and IIS).

TIA

Dusan