Re: [lvs-users] Do newer LVS implementations allow hairpinning?

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Do newer LVS implementations allow hairpinning?
From: "Robinson, Eric" <eric.robinson@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 09:09:20 -0700
The client computer and the realserver are both on the same segment
connected to the director's eth1. (MOST client computers are on the
other side of the director on eth0.) The VS is configured on eth0 in
LVS-NAT mode. Clients on the "outside" connect through the director to
the RS fine. The one client on the inside cannot connect through the VS
on eth0. It just times out. I looked into this once before and it has to
do with icmp redirects, local routing, ARPs, and so on. Bottom line is
that the client's SYN packet gets redirected through LVS, but the
server's SYN-ACK goes straight to the client since they are both on the
same segment. The client ignores it because it comes from the wrong IP
address. You're right... the "newer implementations" comment was muddy
thinking.

--
Eric Robinson