Re: [lvs-users] Generic UPD "connect" check feature for ldirectord?

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Generic UPD "connect" check feature for ldirectord?
From: Christian Balzer <chibi@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 18:13:40 +0900
Hello,

On Wed, 18 Mar 2009 09:05:29 +0100 Sebastian Vieira wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 5:01 AM, Christian Balzer <chibi@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Noting the lack of replies or a native rad-acct check option for
> > ldirectord I was wondering why not adding a UDP "connect" service
> > check to it? I know it's not as straightforward or reliable as TCP,
> > but in most environments it should give much more useful results than
> > "none" or "ping". Netcat seems to have no problem figuring out if
> > something is listening on an UDP port:
>

> I know this is not exactly what you're asking for, but why not try the
> new external check feature?

New... feature....
ARGH, I was looking at an old (Debian etch) manpage.
The new boxes running lenny indeed have a ldirectord with that feature
listed. Now that should make it really easy and without the need to fondle
stuff that is not under my control.

Thanks a lot for bringing this up!

Regards,

Christian
--
Christian Balzer        Network/Systems Engineer                NOC
chibi@xxxxxxx           Global OnLine Japan/Fusion Network Services