Re: [lvs-users] CentOS/Redhat Cluster Suite Setup

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] CentOS/Redhat Cluster Suite Setup
From: Don McGregor <mcgredo@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 23:49:40 -0700
On Apr 11, 2009, at 12:59 AM, Graeme Fowler wrote:

> On Fri, 2009-04-10 at 12:45 -0700, Don McGregor wrote:
>> I'm using CentOS 5.3, which includes Piranha/LVS as a package with
>> Cluster Suite.
>
> Uh-oh..

Hmmm. Is there a preferred 2.6 kernel version set of packages for
HA/Load balancing? I'm coming into this somewhat naively expecting
stuff to actually work. The Ultramonkey website looks like it hasn't
been updated since 2007-ish, which makes me nervous.

So who's the FOS market leader in Linux HA/Load balancing, and
the set of packages with a reasonable level of community support? It
can't be  _that_ unusual. Or has everyone simply deployed commercial
load-balancing switches?