Re: [lvs-users] Constant chatter

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Constant chatter
From: Graeme Fowler <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 18:40:57 +0100
On Tue, 2009-04-14 at 10:46 -0500, lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> First I noticed the following in my web server error logs, very constant;
>
> Apr 14 09:42:59 cweb93 httpd[6567]: [error] [client 192.168.1.76] PHP Notice:
>  Undefined index:  HTTP_HOST in /var/www/html/i
> ndex.php on line 28

Your index.php seems to require the value of HTTP_HOST to be set, which
requires an HTTP/1.1 connection being made by whichever client is making
it.

The timing of this chatter, however, is less than frequent (ie. it isn't
every polling cycle) which perhaps points to a load-related problem. The
fact that the Apache errors you posted do not correlate to the nanny
logs says to me that you either have a clock drift problem (common with
virtual servers) or some other problem we can't see.

Graeme