Re: [lvs-users] Constant chatter

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Constant chatter
From: Graeme Fowler <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 22:15:28 +0100
On Tue, 2009-04-14 at 17:08 -0500, lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Do you mean if I have a server I can just throw this at which isn't going to
> cause any problems? Sure, I can set that up pretty quick. The site that lvs
> is actually trying to get/expect from is a joomla site, perhaps this is the
> reason? Maybe joomla is not using standard HTTP headers?

It will be (using standard headers, that is). Please try my suggestion,
tailored to fit your platform.

Note that there is *no* "one size fits all", "out of the box", "ready to
go" example that is guaranteed to work for everyone simply because the
local environments differ so much.

Some people give Apache a default vhost. Some don't. Some still use IP
based vhosts, many don't. Some make the default vhost serve plain HTML,
some make it dynamic - the list of differences is endless.

The interesting thing here is that your problem is absolutely, totally
_not_ anything to do with LVS itself. That part is working (or appears
to be) but the problem lies within your local platform or within the
system you're using to manage LVS, which I presume from your use of
nanny is Piranha. As stated several times on this list recently, Piranha
has its own support list. I'm sure you can find it if you really need
to ;-)

Graeme