[lvs-users] LVS Logging?

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lvs-users] LVS Logging?
From: Michael Nguyen <michaeln@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 05:16:19 -0700
So, I'm in the process of testing LVS as a replacement to our current
hardware load balancer.  For now, I'm implementing this for POP/IMAP.
I've run into a couple problems:

1) If I leave the virtual alone for a while and come back and try to
make a connection, the connection times out.  If I keep trying, then
eventually a connection will be made and connections will be made
successfully from that point forward.   If no further connections are
made to the virtual for a while (maybe 30-60 minutes?) then it happens
again.  Does anyone have any idea what might be going on here?  The real
servers are fine because they're the exact same servers that are being
load balanced through the hardware load balancer.   A tcpdump from the
virtual shows the request coming in but no return packets.

2) Which brings me to my second problem...  Where are the logs for
LVS?   I felt that the documentation suggested that I should check
local0, but that log is completely silent unless I myself send a syslog
message to local0.

Lastly, I'm trying to get this all going without HA/ldirectord first so
this is just straight LVS.  Any pointers would be great.

Michael