Re: [lvs-users] FWMARKs and persistence

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] FWMARKs and persistence
From: Simon Horman <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 18:24:11 +1000
On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 09:43:18AM +0200, Fabien Duchêne wrote:

[snip]

> Hello Simon,

Hi Fabien,

> I made the same fix and tested it for 4 days, it seem to be stable.

Thanks, that is very useful information.

>  union nf_inet_addr fwmark = {
>       .ip = htonl(svc->fwmark)
>  };
>
> bwt, it's the same.

Does this ensure that the trailing 3 octets of .all and .ip6 are 0?

> Any Dev' here can confirm that it's a bug and that it will be fixed?

I haven't run any tests to confirm the problem, but I am a Dev,
so I can get it fixed :-)

I am a little concerned that this fix may not be correct in
some bizzare case where the packing means that .ip, .ip6[0] and
.all[0] are not the same thing.

I have sent an email to lvs-devel and netfilter-devel to try
and get some discussion on this. The subject of that email is
"[bug] FWMARKs and persistence in IPVS: The Use of Unions".

--
Simon Horman
  VA Linux Systems Japan K.K. Satellite Lab in Sydney, Australia