[lvs-users] LVS + Apache + Tomcat

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lvs-users] LVS + Apache + Tomcat
From: Martijn Marsman <m.marsman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 10:29:06 +0200
Hey List,

We are using LVS now for over a year, we run several large sites with it, and
is works great.
But for 1 site (which runs on Tomcat with an Apache frontend) i have some wierd
problems.

We have noticed that node 1 gets all the connections, after half an hour, node
1 goes idle and node 2 gets all the connections. User complain about beeing
thrown out of their session on the site and go back to the frontpage.

Is it possible this is an LVS problem? The developers think it is, but i find
it hard to believe as the other sites work fine with the same configuration. It
seems unlikely that LVS suddenly kills off connections after an half hour.

LVS is set to Least Connections.

I understand this is a very vague description, but i am looking for any
tips/clues in the good direction :) and hopefully rule out LVS as the problem
maker :)

Thanks in advance!

Martijn