[lvs-users] Using Linux Virtual Server for load balancing of zones in MM

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lvs-users] Using Linux Virtual Server for load balancing of zones in MMO game
From: Pavel Shevaev <pacha.shevaev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2009 23:49:24 +0400
Hi folks,

I'm a developer of a MMO game and currently we're at my company facing
some scalability issues which, I think, can be resolved with proper
clustering of the game world.

I don't really want to reinvent the wheel that's why I think Linux
Virtual Server could be a good choice especially with some Level 7
load balancing technique.

I'm currently looking at ktcpvs as a load balancing solution and
wonder if it's a proper choice.

The main idea is to have a number of zones("locations" in terms of my
game) running on dedicated servers. When a player decides to go to
some specific location the load balancer decides which zone server
will be actually serving the player(that's actually why I need a Level
7 load balancer)

What do you folks think about all said above? Thanks in advance.

--
Best regards, Pavel