[lvs-users] Keepalive timeout

Subject: [lvs-users] Keepalive timeout
From: Adrian Chapela <achapela.rexistros@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2009 15:28:13 +0200
Hello,

I am getting problems with keepalive timeout. I have a visual basic
application that is opening a connection to another Windows Server
across the LVS director. This connection will be an idle connection.
This is the reason why the VB application needs to reconnect and why the
server has a lot of open connections.

Then I am thinking on using keepalive to maintain alive the connection
but the problem is that VB hasn't keepalive socket option modifying.
Then I am thinking on do some tweak on the director but I don't know
what because I don't want to waste resource maintaining connections on
all virtual servers configured on the LVS director. Maybe someone has
resolved this issue or has a workaround.

Regards,

Thank you!