Re: [lvs-users] LdirectorD LVS and CentOS/Fedora/RedHat

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [lvs-users] LdirectorD LVS and CentOS/Fedora/RedHat
From: partysoft <partysoft@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 21:40:58 -0700 (PDT)
Eurika, you have enlightend me so now all works, i am able to get to the
realserver through the Virtual IP configured on the director  that i've
setup with ldirectord, actually i think i'm being a little stupid since i've
always tried with the actual public ip of the LVS, not the eth1:0 spwaned ip
on the browser, so when you pointed that up it became very clear..

The thing with arping is very helpful so it actually tells you if you are
doing things wright or wrong

oh the Kerner version is :
Linux  linux.local 2.6.18-164.el5 #1 SMP Thu Sep 3 03:28:30 EDT 2009 x86_64
x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Still one problem remains which i haven't put so much accent on the previous
mail ..
the 2 ip's from the 2 different C class nets..

>> virtual=XX.XX.XX.236:80 (Virtual IP configured on the director)
>>         fallback=127.0.0.1:80
>>         real=XX.XX.XX.235:80 gate
>>         real=XX.XX.YY.163:80 gate

>Where does the YYY.YYY.YYY.235 come from? Assuming X != Y, this will
>never work as the two realservers are in different subnets

actually i have the first real server is in the same C class as the LVS
server
so they are (i'm just gonna put some numbers to the X and Y to make it more
clear)
10.1.238.236 (LVS Virtual IP configured on the director), 10.1.238.235 (Real
server)

and the other real server, is the same hosting company i presume and it has
10.1.239.163 so not the same C class...So i don't know if this is posible to
include an ip like that...
I've tried anyway....
What i've tried to do is configure the eth1:0 like this:

eth0:1    Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:24:1D:72:61:AB
          inet addr:10.1.238.236  Bcast:10.1.255.255  Mask:255.255.0.0
          Interrupt:233 Base address:0x2000

So it will include the B class as well..

On the RealServer i did  like you said ( y renounced to sysctl -p ) :

# solve the 'ARP problem'
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/lo/arp_ignore
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/eth0/arp_ignore
echo 2 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/lo/arp_announce
echo 2 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/eth0/arp_announce
/sbin/ifconfig lo:0 XX.XX.XX.236 netmask 255.255.255.255 up

but, when i do an arping XX.XX.XX.236 i get as a response total different
MAC address then the actual one 00:24:1D:72:61:AB

And indeed if i try from the realserver that's on the same C class the x.235
one, i get imediatly the same
00:24:1D:72:61:AB mac address as the eth1:0 has. amazing :) didn't knew i
could do that

by the way i guess on the realservers i don't need to install the lvs
pachages to have the kernel modules installed for lvs, just the arp trick
and that's it..

So again...like a stupid linux rookie that i am , stuck with this
thing...but i'm sure the answer it's between the lines...

Thank you again for your amazing reply, really helped me a lot and possibly
many others that had the same problem