Re: [lvs-users] ldirectord email features

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] ldirectord email features
From: <anthony@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 16:33:38 -0500
Since I was the person that contributed the patch for the email alert code back
in 2006, I could make another contribution attempt without making things too
complex.

1. i think that is a good idea. the option should probably be on a per virtual
service basis.  before it sends the email, it would just compare the current
time to whats defined in the exception period or alert period depending on how
its implemented

2. with #1 implemented, you would just make sure the specific service does not
have any alert exceptions

3. if using multiple configuration files/ldirectord processes, you would then
probably need to have something like a control file that is accessed
(read/write) by any ldirectord process.  That means adding a lock file and
checking.  I am not sure if there would be a better way to implement it.
There is the emailalertfreq option that limits how many times an email is sent
on a per service basis.  You can set that to a higher value to limit the amount
of emails you get per service when its down.

anthony