Re: [lvs-users] lvs NAT mode - real server to (different) virtual server

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] lvs NAT mode - real server to (different) virtual server public IP web requests fail
From: Mehrdad Ziaei <mehrdad.ziaei@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 09:47:14 -0500
Hi,

I have the exact same problem.

Here is the scenario, I host two different sets of websites within the
same webfarm cluster behind one LVS.
These two sets are isolated from each other and running on two different
sets of real servers.

Websites from the first set need access to a web-service from the 2nd set.
I will not be able to call it locally, and can not point to one specific
real server from
2nd set as it will defeat the high availability in case that specific
node goes down for any reason.

Can we have both LVS-NAT  and LVS-DR configuration on the same LVS at
the same time?
To use a live IP as VIP for clients outside of the cluster in the
LVS-NAT configuration
and to use a private IP as VIP for clients inside the cluster in the
LVS-DR configuration
and both use the same set of real servers?

Mehrdad