Re: [lvs-users] net-snmp-lvs-module: stats fail under high load

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] net-snmp-lvs-module: stats fail under high load
From: Graeme Fowler <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2009 18:07:31 +0000
On Tue, 2009-12-08 at 16:27 +0000, Robin Bowes wrote:
> So, looks like that might be the problem; lvsServiceStatsConns is 32-bit.

I thought so.

> I wonder if it's as simple as changing ASN_COUNTER to ASN_COUNTER64 in
> the appropriate place in lvs.c ?

Hrm... this is in the SNMP module code, right? Or do you mean in the
main LVS code?

> > 2. What is your polling period?
>
> I think I'm polling at 5 min intervales.

Take note of the following page:

http://rrdtool.mirror.graemef.net/doc/rrdcreate.en.html

Have a read of "NOTE on COUNTER vs DERIVE". You could, in theory, change
your RRD definitions to use DERIVE with a min of 0 and poll every
minute, which might get the data you need.

Alternatively, if the code change is inside the SNMP module code, you
could try it but you may have to change the OID that's output as the MIB
is fairly well-defined already.

Graeme