[lvs-users] connect to the first real server only; connect to the second

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lvs-users] connect to the first real server only; connect to the second if the first failed
From: Tomasz Chmielewski <mangoo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 12:37:50 +0100
I have two real servers behind a balancer.

I would like the balancer to forward all requests to the first real
server only.
Requests to the second balancer should go only if the first real server
has failed.

I thought of assigning them different weights (i.e. the first server
would get a weight of 999999999; the second server would get a weight of
1 - but still, it will make one request go to the wrong real server
every now and then).

Is it possible to set up the balancer so that it sends request to one
real server as failover _only_?

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org