[lvs-users] ** fixed ** OMSA 6.2 "No Controllers found" on CentOS 5.4 x8

Subject: [lvs-users] ** fixed ** OMSA 6.2 "No Controllers found" on CentOS 5.4 x86_64
From: Robin Bowes <robin-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 00:28:03 +0000
Hi,

Like many, I've been struggling to get OMSA 6.2 to work correctly on
CentOS 5.4 x86_64.

After much investigation, it seems that compat-libstdc++-33.i386 is
required. NB. it is important that the i386 package is installed. If you
use "yum install compat-libstdc++-33" you will get the x86_64 package.

So, here's what I did:

[root@b034 ~]# omreport storage pdisk controller=0
Invalid controller value. Read, controller=0
No controllers found.

[root@b034 ~]# yum install compat-libstdc++-33.i386

[root@b034 ~]# service dataeng restart

[root@b034 ~]# omreport storage pdisk controller=0
List of Physical Disks on Controller PERC 6/i Adapter (Slot 1)

Controller PERC 6/i Adapter (Slot 1)
ID                        : 0:0:0
Status                    : Ok
Name                      : Physical Disk 0:0:0
etc.

Now, I wonder if Dell can fix their RPMs so this all works OOTB.

R.