Re: [lvs-users] Why Does ldirectord Require a Full Restart to Change the

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Why Does ldirectord Require a Full Restart to Change the emailalert Status?
From: Simon Horman <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 10:52:16 +1100
On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 09:59:02AM -0800, Robinson, Eric wrote:
> > would it be possible for you to post either the file
> > itself or a diff between it and the version at the
> > URL above?
>
> Here's a link to the one we're currently using...
>
> www.psmnv.com/downloads/ldirectord
>
> Great suggestion on the kill -9. The only problem is that ldirectord is
> managed by heartbeat (R1). If I kill ldirectord, I won't be able to get
> it restarted without failing over the server.

Hi Eric,

thanks, for the file. The cause of the problem that you are
seeing appears to to be the absence of set_defaults() which
in newer versions of ldirectord is called in read_config() as
part of re-reading the configuration. The result is that while
you can change global options, you can't remove them.

With this in mind, I have a suggestion which is to change emailalert
to an address that goes nowhere rather than comment it out:

emailalert="devnull@xxxxx"