[lvs-users] Controlling virtual interfases

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lvs-users] Controlling virtual interfases
From: Luis Torres <al1629608@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 11:56:11 -0800 (PST)
Hi, this is probably a newbie question but I've searched everywhere for the
answer with no luck.

I inherited an LVS setup with an lvs.cf like the following (IPs intentionally
changed):
virtual vip_r_30 {
     active = 1
     address = 66.66.66.66 eth0:40
     vip_nmask = 255.255.255.0
     load_monitor = none
     quiesce_server = 0
}
virtual vip_r_31 {
     active = 1
     address = 66.66.66.67 eth0:41
     vip_nmask = 255.255.255.0
     load_monitor = none
     quiesce_server = 0
}

That's just a small section of the config file.

Anyone know how I can control each one of those entries independently? I want
to bring down vip_r_31 which shows as eth0:41 when doing ifconfig but I read I
cant use that command or ifup/ifdown.

What command can I then use to bring down just eth0:41? (ifdown if it were just
another alias)

What about making it active again? (ifup if it were just another alias).

The setup I inherited is command line only so I can't use any GUI to accomplish
this.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

A.