Re: [lvs-users] status of netlink and ipvs

To: Jean Daniel <jeandaniel.browne@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [lvs-users] status of netlink and ipvs
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Simon Horman <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 08:55:33 +1100
On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 07:45:44PM +0100, Jean Daniel wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to read how ipvsadm can control the ipvs module via
> Netlink. This is going to be a long road for a newbie.
>
> What is the best way to start:  read the ipvsadm sources?
>
> Is the netlink interface to ipvs merged into the kernel mainline?

Yes, that is correct.

Take a look at net/netfilter/ipvs/ip_vs_ctl.c in a >= 2.6.28-rc3 kernel.
This contains both the old sysctl interface and the new netlink one.
The ipvsadm i1.25 code contains the client-side code. You will need
libnl and its headers installed in order to compile netlink support
for ipvsadm.