Re: [lvs-users] Two box lvs with UltrMonkey LO problem

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Two box lvs with UltrMonkey LO problem
From: svensven <svensven@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 16:43:59 +0200
On 2010-03-28 15:28, Cyrus wrote:
> DEVICE=lo:0
> IPADDR=174.121.60.28
> NETMASK=255.255.255.248

See Simon's message about using netmask 255.255.255.255.

> This results in a fault. I have been told by the hosting company
> that I cannot use 174.121.60.28 in a loopback interface as that is
> an IP in the 'class b public IP address range'

They say that because they are not familiar with how LVS is usually
set up. You can perfectly well put that IP on your local interface;
make sure you get the sysctl settings correct wrt arp.

Your initial post lacks a proper description of your setup. Please
provide all relevant information to ease troubleshooting.

S.