Re: [lvs-users] ipvs local node broken since kernel 2.6.28

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] ipvs local node broken since kernel 2.6.28
From: Deniss <dg@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 14:15:25 +0300
>> Simon Horman wrote:
>>> Unfortunately I'm not having any luck reproducing this on 2.6.28.
>> i am running  2.6.28-r9 kernel
>> any additional info u would like to get ?
>
> What is 2.6.28-r9 and where did you get it? :-)
> Is there any chance that you could check this
> behaviour using a 2.6.28 from kernel.org?

it's surely
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/linux-2.6.28.9.tar.bz2

but, once again - according to
http://lists.graemef.net/pipermail/lvs-users/2008-December/021707.html

"Local Connections

The change by Malcolm Turnbull and Siim Põder added support to allow
connections from a local process to be load balanced.
"

so as I understand that locally generated traffic SHOULD be forwarded to
remote real server and that happens as seen in tcpdump for me (but not
caught back).
If Your cannot reproducing that, u probably do something totally wrong IMO.