[lvs-users] ipvsadm + mysql question

To: "'lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [lvs-users] ipvsadm + mysql question
From: Gary Smith <gary.smith@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 16:28:59 -0700
I have configured IPVSADM on a server with two real nodes.  The nodes are
running mysql.  What I have found is that return trips open up new connections
(would could be indicative of a different problem).  The original connection
still appears open on the mysql server for a long time (currently 8000
seconds).  On the client it sometimes sits in a closing state.

Prot LocalAddress:Port Scheduler Flags
  -> RemoteAddress:Port           Forward Weight ActiveConn InActConn
TCP  10.80.55.11:3917 wlc persistent 300
  -> 10.80.50.3:3917              Masq    100    0          0
  -> 10.80.50.2:3917              Masq    100    0          0

I'm sure that others in the past have worked through this on mysql, but
everything that I can find on mysql has more to do with keepalive and
ldirectory than anything else.  In my case I don't need this.  All of the real
servers are read only slaves, so keeping the most current one is not important
in this case.  I set it for persistent connections, and when it appears to bind
it to a single server, which is fine.

When I set the applications to run against a single server, connections are
opened, processed and closed within a few seconds.  On the balanced nodes, I
see a FIN_WAIT2 on the real server side and a CLOSING on the client site.

Do I need to worry about this?  The time of these just seem to be longer than
what I would expect from a normal close.

Any advice on how what the proper configuration should be?

Gary