Re: [lvs-users] question about LVS

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] question about LVS
From: "L.S. Keijser" <leon@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 09:52:57 +0200
On Tue, 2010-05-04 at 00:33 +0100, Graeme Fowler wrote:
> 3. I suspect you have the ARP problem as this is a classic symptom in -DR
> setups. It would appear that your connections are going directly to the
> second realserver rather than the director. Please check the ARP table on
> the machine you're using as a client and ensure the MAC address of the VIP
> is that of the director.

And use 'arping VIP' from a client (not director/realserver) in the same
subnet as the VIP, to see if you solved the ARP problem. You should get
exactly one MAC address in your replies, namely the MAC that belongs to
the VIP configured on the director. If you get an 'extra' MAC reply it's
from a realserver that still has the ARP problem, which you then need to
fix.

Léon