Re: [lvs-users] question about LVS

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] question about LVS
From: "L.S. Keijser" <leon@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 11:19:54 +0200
On Tue, 2010-05-04 at 10:42 +0200, Michiel van Es wrote:
> I started from scratch, I can not reinstall a whole server from scratch.

I didn't say that. I repeated Graeme's suggestion to remove all traces
from LVS configuration from your servers and start over again... without
making use of heartbeat and/or ldirector.

> The real server are a minimum.
> If you got a problem on a server you won't suggest your customers to
> reainstall their complete server right? :)

I do, if the customer doesn't know what he's doing and starts to change
configuration parameters that he doesn't fully understand. It's often
quicker to come to a solution that way without having to troubleshoot
user-caused errors.

This is a quite basic LVS setup. There have been over 20 mails the last
couple of days from you and people trying to help you. If you can't get
it working by now, i fear that your network knowledge might not be up to
par for understanding LVS.

> If I have an ARP problem, I could troubleshoot it right?
> I have a working LVS director and a working real server (server2)
> I used the mini howto for the real server and it is working on one
> server and not on the other server.

Maybe at some point in time you were following the HOWTO, but i see from
your previous posts that you're using ldirector and heartbeat to do
things for you that you don't actually understand. How are you going to
troubleshoot that?

Anyway (final attempt), from what you describe it's either the ARP
problem or a firewall problem. If you can connect from a client directly
to port 25 on the non-working realserver, it's probably the former.
Forget about sysctl.conf for a moment, take down the loopback device,
then set the correct /proc parameters by setting them manually (echo
value > /proc/.../arp_announce|ignore) and then bring up the loopback
device again without making use of the ifup script.

Léon